Feedback Strategies

One of the articles that got me interested was What Kinds of Messages Help Kids Grow? For a person that wants to seek towards the medical route to become a pediatrician, it reminded me that kids are a huge factor as they get older. Most people start off learning the basics and work their way up to become a successful adult when they were toddlers. It makes sense that if you want to provide a strong motivation for a child, award him/her with "Excellent!" and/or "You did great!" However, it is also best to complete those phrases into a sentence where these kids can learn and obtain this information to use later in their future. Whenever I see a child at my youth group doing little good things like picking up a trash that wasn't his or hers, I would say, "Thank you for picking up the trash and throwing it away in the trash bin!" as an example.

Another article that got me interested in reading was How to Give Feedback Without Sounding Like a Jerk. Sometimes people do get offensive when hearing negative feedback's about themselves. The best way to solve this is to teach them. If there is anything wrong with a situation, the best way to solve it is to communicate, give feedback, and explain what they could/should do next to have a successful outcome. For example, if I know that a friend of mine is struggling from school, I would sit down and talk with him and discuss what we should do next to move forward for a better future.

Toy Story, Link Text.

Comments

  1. I had never thought about feedback from the medical perspective, but as someone who has absolutely no clue how medicine works, I think that the application of these articles is interesting. I actually don't know what vitamin C is, or what it does, I just know my parents told me to take it when I had a cold. I think its interesting how we just blindly believe many people about medicine, but sometimes, we have no clue what it does to our bodies. Hope you can help explain all of that to people like me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Introduction of My Life

Week 3 Story: It's Life