Week 11 Story: To Fall in Love in One Night

Once upon a time there was a boy, named James, attending his first college at the University of California, Los Angeles. James was originally from Oklahoma, but decided to go out of state and to explore the world while attending college. It was difficult for him to decide whether to stay in Oklahoma to be close with his family, or to go out of state and attend UCLA to explore what is best for himself.

As James went through his days in college, he bumped into someone special along the way. One night as James was heading home from the coffee shop, he met a girl that was standing outside of the bars, trying to holler a taxi for a ride back home.

"Excuse me, Taxi!" said the girl.

"It's hard to get the taxi's attention nowadays huh?" said James as he approaches the girl.

"Very funny. Taxi!" said the girl.

"Oh, no! I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I was just giving the facts. Have you tried calling someone?" asked James.

"I would, but my phone died, unfortunately.. Taxi!!" yelled the girl with frustration as the drivers keep passing by her.

"I can get you a ride with my Lyft app if you'd like?" said James.

"I guess there's no other way. Yeah, that'll be great. Would you mind?" asked the girl.

"Sure! If, I could take you out for some ice cream down the street?" said James.

"Yeah, yeah I'll be fine with that. I might as well get some sweets in me from all these frustration," said the girl.

"What's your name?" asked James as they both were walking down the street.

"Selena Gomez. You?" asked Selena.

"James. James Pham," said the boy.

"What makes you want to take me out for ice cream, James?" asked Selena.

"I just feel like you needed something to lighten up your night after what I just saw, and I also thought why not get to know more about this beautiful woman," said James.

"So you didn't just take me out because I am a celebrity?" asked Selena.

"You're a celebrity? See, I wouldn't have known," said James.

"Yeah you did... I am a pop star, actress, and a model," said Selena.

"Yeah, I didn't know. I am from Oklahoma. My family and I aren't really caught up with celebrities to be honest. The reason why I wanted to take you out and to get to know you more was because I saw a beautiful girl alone, shivering, and struggling on the side of the road, hollering for a taxi."

As James and Selena Gomez continued on their night together, they had the best time of their life. They both continued on with their conversations and walked around the streets in the city.

"Do you believe in falling in love in one night?" asked James.

"I do, but I try to avoid it," said Selena.

"Why did you say that?" asked James.

"My boyfriend recently broke up with me and left me alone; hasn't even checked up on me. My heart was shattered into a million pieces. I have never cried so much in my life, all for just one person. Therefore, because of him, I don't believe in love anymore," said Selena.

"I'm sorry. However, one day, you will find someone that deserves you," said James.

"Are you saying that so that you can be with me?" asked Selena.

"Maybe, but not intentionally," said James.

"What makes you better than my ex?" asked Selena.

"For one, I would make sure that I would cherish that person as if I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I want to make that person feel valuable in every way," said James.

As James and Selena Gomez went through their night together, they have never felt so close and connected. James never thought that he would be finding a girl during his college years, but something about this girl that he bumped into was special.

After Selena Gomez got her Lyft from James, they exchanged numbers and said their goodbyes. Maybe one day, they will meet again and become special together as of their own.

To be continued...

Author's Note: I chose the Measure of Rice story, by Ellen C. Babbit because it was very interesting. It made me realize the I could create my own story and convert it to something special from the original story for the readers. The original story was mainly about the values of horses and rice that was being bargained from the seller. Overall, I transitioned the original story to about a person valuing another with deep thoughts and meaning.

Bibliography: Jataka Tales, by Ellen C. Babbitt.

Spontaneous in The City Lights, Link Text.



Comments

  1. Hi Hoai. I like your creative and unique story! It would be a great adventure of James to attend UCLA, but besides missing family, he might end up with more debt too. Paying out-of-state is often outrageous and I know it because I’m paying out-of-state. James seem so good at talking to random girl he met for the first time. I like the girl’s name: Selena Gomez. I somehow imagined a pretty girl in my head. What a smooth pick-up line: "I just feel like you needed something to lighten up your night after what I just saw, and I also thought why not get to know more about this beautiful woman," I thought the story was truly romantic and interesting. Thank you for a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hoai-Quac! I just read through your website and now I get to read your story for this week as well. I was actually pretty excited because I love your writing style. It is very unique! This story was really cute and fun to read. James seems like this super easy-going guy, and has smooth pickup lines as well. And you included Selena Gomez in the story? That was cool! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hoai-Quac! This story seems like it would make the perfect plotline for a Disney movie. It would be a really interesting twist on the story if they fell in love in the story, and then in the second part (if you plan on continuing the story), Selena Gomez realized that she didn't properly get James's number and she had to go on a hunt to find him. In the past, that would have probably been a difficult situation, almost mirroring Prince Charming's search for Cinderella, but now, Selena would probably just post a tweet and try to find him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Introduction of My Life

Week 3 Story: It's Life